Registering your trademark in China because it is both a vast market but also an important source of production.
Things to consider when registering a trademark:
- What trademark to register?
- Which classes the goods and service I produce belong?
- Which classes do I want to prevent others using my trademark?
- Which jurisdictions?
- Should I register trademark also in Chinese characters?
Answers to these questions we will find together with the client.
Trademark registration process in China
The registration process consists of five phases:
- Submission of application
- Formal examination
- Substantive examination
- Preliminary review gazette
- Issuance of registration certificate
How long is a trademark registration valid in China?
Trademark registered in China will be valid for ten years counting from the date of approval of the registration. A renewal application may be submitted six months before the trademark registration expires. The trademark registration may be renewed for 10-year terms unlimited times.
How long does it take to register a trademark in China?
Registering a trademark in China takes about 12–18 months at the moment. The time frame is long because of renewal of Chinese trademark law and registrations systems which caused delays in trademark application processing.
You might also be interested in: